Hideo Kojima presents Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding, a Kojima Productions game by Hideo Kojima [PS4]

Console Country!
Hatredsheart

Re: Death Stranding [PS4]

Post by Hatredsheart » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:20 pm

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–‹π–Šπ–†π–— π•Ώπ–π–Š π•½π–Šπ–†π–•π–Šπ–—

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:44 pm

Did anyone actually watch the Death Stranding stuff at the Gamescom opening event the other night? It was... weird. Not only did Hideo Kojima get a trailer - by which I mean the trailer was for Hideo Kojima, not Death Stranding, but they opened with the main character's urination system, then showed him slowly ambling up a hillside before speaking to a hologram of Geoff Keighley.

Can we get the thread renamed to "Hideo Kojima presents Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding, a Kojima Productions game by Hideo Kojima". I feel we're not paying the man a suitable amount of respect.

Incidentally, this article has actual information about the game, rather than the bizarrely underwhelming gameplay slice we actually got.
https://www.gamesradar.com/i-have-seen- ... -going-on/

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:09 pm

I inhabit a strange space with Mr Kojima. I loved MGS5, but would happily have binned all the stupid sci-fi shit and been an oilrig-dwelling mercenary.

I simply can't be bothered with anything to do with Japanese storytelling, be it Manga or the many Japanese video-game titles out there. They are just too out-there and I don't get them. It started with Akira and progressed through earlier MGS titles where I wanted to enjoy myself but found insanely convoluted exposition (up to 40 mins at a time) and boss fights (the bane of any game) waiting to turn me off.

And in MGS5, seeing his fucking name all over the screen all the time really shit me off. Fuck off you self-aggrandising prick.

I think this looks balls too :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Hatredsheart

Re: Hideo Kojima presents Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding, a Kojima Productions game by Hideo Kojima [PS4]

Post by Hatredsheart » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:07 pm

Officially coming to PC in Summer 2020 folks!

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/death-st ... mmer-2020/

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Re: Hideo Kojima presents Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding, a Kojima Productions game by Hideo Kojima [PS4]

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Probably going to be an Epic Store exclusive as it's 505 Games, unless Epic have stopped doing big exclusives by then.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:50 pm

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:24 pm

I've been pretty cynical about this up until now, but that trailer has gotten me quite interested. It's not one I'll put money down for prior to reviews, but I'm thinking I'll likely be picking this up close to release.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:05 pm

I don't like hoping for games to be bad but Kojima is so far up his own arse and the media fawning over him really gets my goat. I mean a 9 minute launch trailer, come on.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:59 pm

I agree with Kojima being more than a little up his own arse, but I don't think a 9 minute story trailer for a highly anticipated game, particularly one that's clearly selling itself on its cinematic qualities, is really so ridiculous. It did its job; it's made me consider buying it (after an awful lot of skepticism I might add), which surely is the point.

Wizard Of Odd

Post by Wizard Of Odd » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:32 pm

Kojima has never let me down yet. I remain both hyped, and too poor to buy day one.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:58 pm

I'll probably hold off for a little while because I'll be too busy to really get wrapped up in it. But the weirdness of Kojima games is something I've always absolutely loved. The amount of things he hides away even in seemingly straight forward games like Metal Gear Solid (on PS1) is something I've always been a big fan of.

Wizard Of Odd

Post by Wizard Of Odd » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:11 pm

I just wish he'd do a remaster of Policenauts using the English fan translation. Played around half of that game, and it's brilliant. Would love a Switch port.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:58 am

Reviews are out and they are either really positive or really negative. Reading some of the positive stuff it does feel like the classic case of reviewers excusing a lot of bullcrap because of who is making it. Some of the stuff people are excusing in this game is just madness.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:37 pm

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:28 pm

i did review quick skips - it essentially a 3rd person walking simulator :|
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4