Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Mantis
Landlord

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Mantis » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:06 am

So what's everyone been playing over Christmas?

I'm abroad at the mo so I only have my Switch with me and I've been sneaking a bit of Smash Brothers Ultimate in each night before bed.

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:19 pm

I've spent quite a bit of time on Parkitect. Nothing much else to be honest.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:20 am

I have been confined to my bed with the flu since Christmas Eve. Finally well enough to get up and about today so not had a chance to play anything yet. Will probably be putting a fair amount of time into The Council today.

Lee

Post by Lee » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Dabbled a bit into Post Scriptum but I have to watch some youtube videos on it to get to grips with it. Lovely sound effects and explosions in the short time I spent in the training mode though. Bladed Fury nearly half way through and loving it so far. It's supposed to be a short game 3-4 hours long.

Played Scum and it's certainly smoother than Dayz was for me. Getting to grips with the metabolism and crafting so far. And been diving into MotherGunship and having a blast with the humour and crafting your own guns and bouncying around like a blue arse fly in the levels :D

Just going through the bundle of games I got on the sale for a quick play at each so far.
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:59 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:20 am
I have been confined to my bed with the flu since Christmas Eve. Finally well enough to get up and about today so not had a chance to play anything yet. Will probably be putting a fair amount of time into The Council today.
This was me last Christmas. I actually got ill last year in mid-December and it lasted until nearly Feb, my Christmas dinner was a small bowl of unseasoned mashed potato :cry:. Decided I couldn't go through that again this year and myself my wife got flu jabs for £9 a pop at the local pharmacy, will definitely be doing the same each year as well.

Get well soon mate.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:39 pm

Cheers, pretty much out of the woods now, still got a bit of a cough and limbs a bit stiff but up and about.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:55 pm

DariusBurst on the PSVita! Finally went on sale, from its asking price of £33 to something a bit sensible.

The arcade triple screen setup is squeezed onto the PSVita screen, and it's daft. It works, but it's daft. The single player mode works well though, and complements short play sessions on the go. T'was pleasantly surprised by it.

The game is on sale for the PC too (Steam), so if you have a triple monitor setup you can get the almost full arcade experience. And why not align all monitors vertically for that TATE mode shooter gameplay? Yeah, you can do it. Maybe.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:05 pm

Back at Witcher 3!

Fell off when moving house.... oh... 3 years ago? I’m back now though and this is still a fantastic game. I’ve just finished the fight with the big shieldy guy, that ended great! It’s refreshing after giving up on RDR2 to come back to this and realise it’s not the open world that’s to blame, it’s the ability of devs to harness that vast open world so we’ll that it doesn’t feel like it only exists to waste your time.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:41 am

God of War

Started off not really getting on with the combat and after multiple hours I still think it has issues especially the dodge which is a double button press and is therefore way too inaccurate when you try to dodge fast attack moves from enemies but having got used to it I have really been enjoying the game. It looks amazing and the small but intricate world design is really smart especially the way the lake system works. The main story and the character of Atreus, Kratos' son are not the best but the side quests and characters are all really good and I like the way the game weaves in Norse mythology. If it wasn't for the slight combat issues I would say this is one of the best games I've played in a while. If you have a PS4 I would heartily recommend you check it out especially as you can pick it up for around £20, absolute bargain at that price.

Dark Souls Switch

Played twenty minutes of this last night in portable mode and have to say I'm very impressed at how good it looks and how well it runs. There is a slight issue with the controls in that B is select because they want to keep a similar layout to other souls game and have the select button at the bottom and the Switch controller has the A and B buttons switched compared to an Xbox. That takes some getting used to in menus.

On a similar Dark Souls note last week a really cool mod called Daughters of Ash was released for the PC Prepare to Die Edition. It's the work of one person and pulls in a load of new content, story, quests and weapons. Worth checking out if you are a fan of the base game.

https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1524

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:19 am

Metro Last Light Redux

I bounced off the first game for reasons I can't quite recall now - I think perhaps I went in with expectations of it being like Stalker but the tight environments and jump-scares put me off - but despite that it's been a series I really wanted to force myself to get into because of the acclaim from all quarters. I could have gone back to the first game, but I spotted this on sale for £2 so I decided to jump straight into the sequel.

I haven't played masses, an hour or thereabouts maybe, but am really enjoying it. I suck at the stealth so that what I presume is intended as an intense, sneaky escape sequence rapidly devolves into me throwing a knife at someone, being spotted by their mate and then finding a corner to cower in while soldiers charge at me guns blazing while I gradually pick them off, but still, having fun and think will stick with this one.

Oh, and can I say it was a supreme act of trolling to make me spend ages thinking about the balance of my starting load-out, debating weapon mods and swapping them in and out until I had something I was happy with... only for it all to be taken away from me less than five minutes later :lol:

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:07 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:41 am

Dark Souls Switch
What's the frame rate like handheld and docked?

It'd be silly of me to buy this game again as I think I'll own every single iteration of it that has ever come out. But the idea of playing it hand held is kind of irresistible...

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:51 pm

Got the MMO itch again so went back to GW2 and started a new toon. Went off the boil with it years ago and never took a toon to the level cap, so loads to explore and having a ball so far. Lets see how it continues!
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:24 pm

Mantis wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:07 pm
DjchunKfunK wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:41 am

Dark Souls Switch
What's the frame rate like handheld and docked?

It'd be silly of me to buy this game again as I think I'll own every single iteration of it that has ever come out. But the idea of playing it hand held is kind of irresistible...
I was surprised at how well it ran in handheld, docked it's good as well. The only issue it has is that the sound is a lesser quality than the original as Namco used some compression on it. It's not a major issue but a tad annoying.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Snowy wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:51 pm
Got the MMO itch again so went back to GW2 and started a new toon. Went off the boil with it years ago and never took a toon to the level cap, so loads to explore and having a ball so far. Lets see how it continues!
If you want anyone to bimble around with or team up for a dungeon or anything, let me know :)

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:47 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:19 am
Metro Last Light Redux

I bounced off the first game for reasons I can't quite recall now - I think perhaps I went in with expectations of it being like Stalker but the tight environments and jump-scares put me off - but despite that it's been a series I really wanted to force myself to get into because of the acclaim from all quarters. I could have gone back to the first game, but I spotted this on sale for £2 so I decided to jump straight into the sequel.

I haven't played masses, an hour or thereabouts maybe, but am really enjoying it. I suck at the stealth so that what I presume is intended as an intense, sneaky escape sequence rapidly devolves into me throwing a knife at someone, being spotted by their mate and then finding a corner to cower in while soldiers charge at me guns blazing while I gradually pick them off, but still, having fun and think will stick with this one.

Oh, and can I say it was a supreme act of trolling to make me spend ages thinking about the balance of my starting load-out, debating weapon mods and swapping them in and out until I had something I was happy with... only for it all to be taken away from me less than five minutes later :lol:
About five hours in now and... holy shit this is really good!

Mystified as to why I bounced off the first game, I'm loving this and will certainly go back and re-install 2033 when I'm finished.