The return of the D&D campaign: This time it's potatoes

Exciting adventures IRL.
Wrathbone
Local

Re: The return of the D&D campaign: This time it's personal

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:27 pm

I knew I'd forgotten something! :lol:

While it was due to a series of extremely unlucky rolls, the fact that you kept accidentally peppering his dying body with arrows made his untimely demise all the more entertaining. Especially since your previous two shots were perfectly-aimed sniper-grade hits which demonstrated your archery skills.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:34 pm

Hey, if you can't mix up your sniper-grade shots with a few friendly kills and your disappearing into thins airs with face-planting through the odd window, then what's it all about, eh? :lol:

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:05 pm

I think I going to have bow out of this due to ongoing technical problems (me laptop is ball hang). Enjoy sirs.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:07 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:05 pm
I think I going to have bow out of this due to ongoing technical problems (me laptop is ball hang). Enjoy sirs.
Sorry to hear that. :(

If you get it sorted and want to jump in, just let me know.

Sly, Mantis and Raid - I'm open to discussion about Truss. If you want to continue alone, that's fine. If you want him to continue along in the background to lend some muscle, I'm more than happy to run that as needed, or if you collectively want to take ownership of his character we can work with that.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:31 pm

I think we could probably do with the muscle as otherwise we've no melee at all in the party, happy to continue as it went last night, with us sort of controlling him collectively when it made sense to and you rolling for him?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:41 pm

Works for me if everyone else is happy with that.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Definitely, we really need the melee presence in the party. Also, we all do a good enough job filling in for him with Arnie impressions to cover the character interaction side.

Do you have a full character sheet for him already?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:04 pm

Yes, but I'll recreate it on my account so I can manage it. Also, some good news! I've realised that on my dndbeyond sub I can share all my unlocked official content with you by creating a campaign for you to join - i.e. it should unlock all character options and equipment. I think you just need to join via this link:

https://ddb.ac/campaigns/join/3469794162614369

I have all the digital rulebooks, so there's a tonne of options over and above those in the player's handbook.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:06 pm

Will joining the campaign make each others character sheets viewable without the usual sharing link?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:16 pm

Errrrmmmm.... good question! I'll add Truss's sheet tonight, then if someone else joins and tries to view it we'll find out.

For now, nobody try and look at anybody else's character sheet apart from Truss's (once it's up there)! :)

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:14 pm

I'm perfectly happy with Truss as a pseudo-player character.

I had a lot of fun last night, so thanks again for hosting. I've played tabletops before where the DM has been quite strict with the rules, and has shot down any of my more, err, creative solutions. I figured the spider would probably hunt by pheromones to some extent, which was what my prestidigitation was supposed to emulate, so I was positively delighted that it worked. I was going to use it to mark a path for it follow had the elven beatboxing not worked.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:42 pm

Assuming it's not something completely unreasonable or ludicrous, I'd always go with fun over rule enforcement. Not to say there aren't rules, because there are, there's zero harm in asking to try something. Plus your prestidigitation trick with the spider was completely within the rules, and nicely inventive!

I've added Truss to the campaign on dndbeyond, so if someone wants to join it and see if they can or can't view his character sheet that'd be appreciated.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:09 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:42 pm
Assuming it's not something completely unreasonable or ludicrous, I'd always go with fun over rule enforcement. Not to say there aren't rules, because there are, there's zero harm in asking to try something. Plus your prestidigitation trick with the spider was completely within the rules, and nicely inventive!

I've added Truss to the campaign on dndbeyond, so if someone wants to join it and see if they can or can't view his character sheet that'd be appreciated.

Yep, it's all there :)

I added mine to the campaign as well (I still need to go into it in more detail for that magic stuff).

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:20 pm

Cheers - could someone try viewing Truss again please? I've read that setting the character to private on the first screen of the character editor will hide the character sheet from everyone but its player and the DM, which is what we're looking for. I've set Truss to private for now to see if it works.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:29 pm

I can't view the character sheet for Truss. I can view Slythe's.