The Division 2 [PC, PS4, XBone] - March 15th 2019

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Snowy

Re: The Division 2 [PC, PS4, XBone] - March 15th 2019

Post by Snowy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:06 pm

Been playing this as well. More of the same is the definite vibe I get from it, but that's not a bad thing. The missions still have that sense of cinematic urgency, and there is a lot to do just wandering around.

I am not yet convinced to part with cash for it, but I probably will do at some stage.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:13 pm

It's more of the same but improved I think. The AI is much better, with enemies trying to flank you, the higher tier enemies are not as bullet spongy as they used to be and there is a lot more to do and see in the world with exploration really rewarded. On top of that the combat still feels good. I'll probably be picking this up at launch.

Raid

Post by Raid » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:28 pm

I recall my biggest issue with the original was the dearth of variety on offer. There were only a handful of active skills, even fewer that were actually interesting to use, and the weapons took the worst element of random loot systems (tiny increments in stats that were barely noticeable) while ignoring all of the fun bits (damage types, special bonuses more interesting than x% increased damage to headshots or similar) because of the realistic setting. Add to that the very samey mission design and similar environments, and it just did everything it could to avoid grabbing my attention.

Does the new one do anything to rectify these issues?

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:52 pm

There seems to be a lot more variety in the missions. Loot is pretty much the same at low levels, but in the first game they added higher tier loot that did more interesting things. There are more skills now and you have perks as well which is different I think. I didn't really dig into the skill system that much.

Environments are more varied now, more open spaces and without the snow things look different.