Favourite Films

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Achtung Englander

Re: Favourite Films

Post by Achtung Englander » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:40 pm

Stormbringer wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:23 am
It just occurred to me that another favourite of mine, right up there at the top with Gladiator, is Mel Gibson's Apocalypto (2006) I love absolutely everything about it.
The first time I saw that film was with a good friend. We joked about 10 min from the end that the character was so out of luck it would suck if the Conquestidors turn up......than.... :shock: ...followed by.... :lol:
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:40 pm

Stormbringer wrote:
It just occurred to me that another favourite of mine, right up there at the top with Gladiator, is Mel Gibson's Apocalypto (2006) I love absolutely everything about it.
I wouldn't have put it that far up myself, but I was genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I *did* however only watch it last year, so it's possible my surprise was partially down to the director's current reputation. Still a good film though.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:08 pm

My recent playthrough of the LucasArts adventure game adaptation has made me realise how much I love the film Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade.

I'd say it's a contender for my No. 1 favourite.
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:12 pm

There's a girl in my daughter's class called Indiana. I would be lying if I said that every time she's mentioned in this house I didn't quote Sean Connery's penultimate line of that film. :lol:

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:21 pm

Every time I hear Sallah laugh, I hear Gimli son of Glóin.
Last edited by Stormbringer on Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The hissing of rats

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:45 am

Raid wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:40 pm
Stormbringer wrote:
I wouldn't have put it that far up myself, but I was genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I *did* however only watch it last year, so it's possible my surprise was partially down to the director's current reputation. Still a good film though.
I saw it in the cinema back when it was first released and I was quite blown away by almost everything about it. I do recall being quite surprised, however, by the fact that...
Spoiler
...it was not an epic story about the fall of an Empire, as I had been led to believe by the pre-release marketing, but about the capture and escape of one random tribesman. The last half of the film had an almost Predator-esque feel about it.
The hissing of rats