Black Mirror: Choose-Your-Own-Adventure

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Black Mirror: Choose-Your-Own-Adventure

Post by Medicine Man » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:23 am

Netflix are apparently planning a choose-your-own-adventure Black Mirror

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ack-mirror
The streaming service is developing a slate of specials that will let viewers choose the next storyline in a TV episode or movie, according to people familiar with the matter. The company expects to release the first of these projects before the end of this year, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the plans are still private.

Viewers will get to choose their own storylines in one episode of the upcoming season of “Black Mirror,” the Emmy-winning science-fiction anthology series. The show is famous for exploring the social implications of technology, including an episode where humans jockey to receive higher ratings from their peers. The fifth season of the show is expected to be released in December.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Re: Black Mirror: Choose-Your-Own-Adventure

Post by Stormbringer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:27 am

...the viewer must choose whether the pugilistic feline fights a god or a tree.
:lol:
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:42 am

I watched bandersnatch this past weekend. I first watched it Thursday after work one full play through, then a an hour or two later did about half a play through. The first ending did not end in a way I was happy with so I decided I would watch it a few more times to find an ending I preferred. Friday night, we give the controller to someone who hasn't seen it and we watched their play through. Then the rest of the night that i can recall we have bandersnatch on trying to find the "best" ending. probably 4-5 hours of bandersnatch on screen with us drunkenly making choices. getting stuck in loops quite a bit because we would pick nothing and default choices would be picked. not once did we come to an ending which i would consider a "good" ending for the main character. we concluded that there was no happy ending.

The reality of what bandersnatch was really connected with me just a few days later.

Monday morning I found out my best friend had died the day before. I was hanging out with just that friday night, before I watched bandersnatch. and like how i tried to replay bandersnatch over and over to find the "good ending" I can not help but replay my friday night hanging out with my friend wishing I could "try again" to get him to come hang out at my place this past weekened. I cant help but want to play out a scenario where my friend is still alive today. where I will get to play golf with him next week like we had planned. but reality is that my best friend is dead. there sometimes is no happy ending. if he had not died this weekend, it would of been next. the movie really fucked me up with my friends death happening just as I was watching and thinking and philosophizing about the theme that bandersnatch presented.

Im not saying this movie is amazing or anything, it just happened to watch it as a strange time where it connected with me on a different level then had I watched it months prior.

my brother said it best when it comes to my friends death " life just got a whole lot more shit". I miss this guy more then I can say in words, it sucks fucking ass that he is dead. and honestly it hasn't even really clicked with me yet, i still feel like I will see him again. life just got a whole lot more shit

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:12 am

Really sorry to hear about your friend, mate. In the last couple of years I've lost a couple of people close to me, one a school-friend and the other the brother of one of my best mates, to suicide and it's a really shitty thing.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:31 pm

Not something I've had to deal with but, wow, sounds awful.
-- To be completed at some point --

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:42 pm

Yep, awful indeed. Condolences.

All the best to you fella.

Asherons

Post by Asherons » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:16 pm

I was a bit drunk last night and think was just looking to vent, I had forgotten I made this post till a few hours after I woke back up. Thanks for the condolences. I do recommend the movie to watch at least once through just cause i saw it as a pretty interesting story when it comes down to it.

I haven't posted on here since it was preys world im pretty sure. think i had made an account in the past but never posted

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:18 pm

Well, we're here if you ever need to vent or just talk
-- To be completed at some point --

eny

Post by eny » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:45 pm

Yes, don't feel guilty buddy, it is perfectly ok to get it out and share. If that helps you then its a good thing. If anyone has a problem with it, let them, its their shit. :missingthumbsupemoticonoji: ;)
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn