Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Snowy
Local

Re: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Post by Snowy » Wed May 15, 2019 7:54 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:44 am
I also played it with you and it was bad. Sorry.
All good DJ, life would be dull if all our tastes were the same. It just does it for me :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu May 16, 2019 8:40 pm

Just a quick question about Wildlands. When I pick up enemy weapons I don't get to keep them, do I have to unlock them somehow or find them like the attachments? That would be a bit tedious if that was the case.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri May 17, 2019 1:12 am

Yeah, you need to get them in crates. The icons on the map tell you which weapon is there so unless you’re wanting to collect them all it’s easy to get a load out. I basically just looked for a silenced sniper and I was done :p
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri May 17, 2019 7:47 am

What he said, kinda. Around the map as you travel you will find (in each zone) items or characters marked with a white letter i in a circle. These give information on missions, side missions, weapons and addons, medals (sicario medals net you skill points, from 1-5 depending on how hard they are to lay your hands on) and resources. With side missions, convoys can be hard to do, but often stealing resource aircraft is a good way to boost up your various resources in order to unlock upgrades to your character/squad. Doing missions like radio defence and stronghold takedowns improve your support from the rebels and are great to do as well. Things like Spotting from the rebels are invaluable, while mortar strikes for example makes a great distraction, especially for hot exfiltrations.

Different weapons have different uses, for example the assault rifle you use if you are going for a balls out attack may not be what you would choose for a sneaky infiltration as the amount of noise it makes, even silenced, is likely to get you from Undetected to Hunted in short order.

My own preferred loadout goes something like this:
Assault Rifle: TAR-21
Chunter-cannon: MK249 (it is really compact but has a phenomenal rate of fire, and with some modding (grips, compensator etc) doesn't leap about all over the place when fired
Sniper rifles: MSR for general purpose sniping, it is one of the best all round sniper rifles. Also bag the HTI or one of the other .50 cal sniper rifles for when you want to slam targets who are in cover, two-shot helicopters and enemy light vehicles or snipe at extreme range.
SMG: I love the P90, my co-op buddy loves the Skorpion. You won't go far wrong with either.
Shotguns: I don't tend to use them
Pistol: FN Five seven: Packs the hardest punch of the silenced pistols, and a silenced pistol is a great choice to conduct close quarter infiltrations as it gives you the lowest chance of being heard.

For each weapon, there are numerous optional upgrades that change their handling characteristics, you don't need them all, but would recommend some:
Get the extended mag and underslung grenade launcher for your Assault Rifle of choice.
Grip and compensator for your LMG
A decent sniper scope is essential, look for a 5.0 magnification. I also like things like long barrel to increase range, but it is down to how you play.
High cap mag and a decent reflex sight for your SMG.

Don't look on this as a ballache btw, look at it as a mission instead. You get to look around different areas of the map, do some sneaky infiltration of enemy bases etc to get them, so spending a few hours getting tooled up can be a whole heap of fun. Look to unlock your parachute early on, then fly nice and high till you are above where your weapon/addon is and do a halo jump - plummet right down to the base and pop your chute when you are right on your target. Some bases will be really hard to sneak into, and doing this often lets you get to the weapon case quickly. Once you have it, you have it, even if you don't make it out alive.

Finally difficulty - I like to play it at the hardest settings, with the 'indicative cloud' that shows enemy volumes on the map turned off. I do let myself mark up the enemy, as without those markers it can get nigh on impossible. Have a play and find the settings that make the game the best experience for you.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri May 17, 2019 9:23 am

You can get the Gold Edition of Wildlands off Uplay for £10.65 if you use PayPal and the code PAYPAL2019UK.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri May 17, 2019 11:58 am

Cheers for the info chaps :D Probably have a good crack at it this weekend.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri May 17, 2019 1:08 pm

If you decide to spurt an additional tenner to bag it on PC, will be happy to team up for some missions and general co-op shenanigans. Always up for playing this.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri May 17, 2019 6:46 pm

Tempted for a tenner but not sure how much I'll really enjoy the repetitive arcadey nature of it compared to our past glory days on GRAW.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri May 17, 2019 7:14 pm

There is no denying that it has that element to it, but with the difficulty pushed all the way up and with minimum assistance (HUD options disabled for the most part) you get a game where you can die very quickly if you are not careful. My offer stands, anyone buys it can count on some co-op with yours truly - possibly a reason to stay away ;)
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon May 20, 2019 4:41 pm

For a tenner with all the DLC I figured why not and picked it up.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon May 20, 2019 6:40 pm

I'm sort of getting the hang of this now. Took me ages to realise your squad teleports to where ever you go, I'd sit in vehicles a spare prick waiting for them to all load in.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue May 21, 2019 4:42 pm

Haha me too :)
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu May 23, 2019 3:51 pm

I cleared out a small Unidad base and interrogated the commander without it turning into a clusterfuck bloodbath. Was very happy with myself :D

Having your guys snipe enemies is invaluable for missions like that I think. I'm still on the bog standard sniper rifle and tend to miss at range.

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu May 23, 2019 5:04 pm

Give the versus a try too, it’s actually pretty competent.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu May 23, 2019 7:39 pm

Alan wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:04 pm
Give the versus a try too, it’s actually pretty competent.
Do not do this.

Actually I have no idea if it is any good or not, not being a fan of anything adversarial, for me it is purely principle. They made a fucking amazing co-op experience, and then just had to plug in PvP which instantly got all the attention of the devs with the exception of a few desultory missions.

My view was kinda "if you want adversarial shootybang, there are a million options. Fuck off and leave one of my rare co-op shootybangs alone!"
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018