E3 2019 - Press Conferences and News

Steam, Deals & More.
Alan

Re: E3 2019 - Press Conferences and News

Post by Alan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:12 am

I got excited when I heard “Siege coop spinoff” but they just want to use assets from last years event I guess :( That event was fun for a short space of time but it’s not strong enough to stand on its own without a massive overhaul and even then......

It’s not like the Siege community might like a traditional R6 or even Vegas style coop campaign eh? :(
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Well I just about got home for the start of the Nintendo Direct, but didn't get a chance to write anything here because it was just one game after another. Luigi's Mansion 3, a Dark Crystal tactical RPG (no, really), Link's Awakening remake, Dragon Quest 11, the next Platinum game Astral Chain, Daemon x Machina, Trials of Mana (plus the classic games releasing today), The Witcher 3, No More Heroes 3, Panzer Dragoon, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Animal Crossing, Switch versions for Doom Eternal and Wolfenstein Young Blood, Dragon Quest heroes and Banjo with Kazooie for Smash Brothers and....

...and the sequel to Breath of the Wild. They showed a cinematic to this, and it looks very much like a direct sequel, with exactly the same art style and appearance for both Link and Zelda. Eurogamer theorised that this may be what Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time; it certainly looks like a much darker take on the franchise.

Bloody hell. I thought Microsoft's conference was good, but that was a crazy amount of games I'm interested in.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:09 pm

I had a quick look at the Square Enix show...ufffff.

Great if you like Final Fantasy and Avengers I suppose. Also looks like they borrowed Ubisofts audience.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:53 pm

its on my watch list and I am debating whether I should bother :|
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:47 pm

I got chance to watch the first twenty minutes of the Square Enix conference, and the Final Fantasy 7 Remake is now the game I'm most excited for. I was really anxious about them moving away from the ATB system of the original, thinking that it was a really strange move to fundamentally alter the gameplay of one of the most fondly remembered games in history, but they've won me over. So long as its balanced between the ATB-gauge-filling normal attacks and ATB-gauge-using specials so that every fight doesn't feel like a slog, then I see it being a welcome improvement over what was a classic, but now somewhat outdated system.

And my god is it good looking. FF7 had some great character designs, but there are probably now more polygons in one of Cloud's hands as there were in the entirety of the original game, and seeing those designs rendered in a modern engine is like a dream come true. The mecha enemies in particular look gorgeous with the extremely good looking lighting. The new combat system calls for vastly more extravagant animation, and everything's dialed up to eleven. It's like they watched that final battle from Advent Children and made it into a game.

It's actually got me considering that insane £260 collectors edition, which comes with a Play Arts Kai Cloud atop a 42cm long version of that crazy bike he rides in the game. I do like Play Arts Kai stuff and I don't mind splashing a bit of cash on quality memorabilia for a game I like (I spent about £150 on Venom Snake and matching D-Dog from MGS5).

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:05 pm

I'm also pleasantly surprised with what they're doing on it. I would have likely avoided entirely if it was combat identical to 15.

Not sure how much I like the idea of the first installment in the episodes only including the Midgar introduction for the game though. That's something like 4-5 hours of content originally and they've made it fill up two blu rays somehow.

The remaster of 8 finally coming to modern systems was welcome news too, that game is a real rough classic.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:31 am

Haven't seen anyone post this yet but this is the best trailer of E3:

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:48 pm

The new Wildlands is fucking awful. I was on their recent beta, and seeing as they neglected to give me access to the forums to be able to post opinions, fuck their NDA and I will put them here.

It's shit.

How hard can it be Ubi? Wildlands was almost perfect for my tastes. A colossal map, spanning rivers, mountains, plains, salt flats and jungle. An enemy structure overlaid on it as a web of missions. Loads of side content, for when you just wanted to mess around or improve your standing with the rebels. Oodles of guns that you could customise, together with the ability to make your avatar look just how you wanted. They made a lot of improvements to little janky elements (like scaling down being spotted insta-alerting everyone, giving you the chance to recover from a slip up).

All they needed to do, literally all they needed to do, was make a new map, new bads, new missions - give us the whole delicious meal all over again. Fuck me, every other software house does it. But no. They have decided we need Ghost Division: Wild Divisions. Everyone now comes with a fucking level number above their noodle and a health bar.

You absolute fucking cunts. How could you fuck up my favourite tactical combat series of all time.

I hate you.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Cool, can give that a miss! If they don’t all go down in a few in the chest or one in the head I’m out.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Mon May 03, 2021 11:31 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:12 am
Interview with Miyazaki about Elden Ring, sounds very much like they are making an open world Dark Souls which I am very on board with.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/09/ ... lden-ring/
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/elden-ri ... e-footage/
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗