They are Billions - shambling out of EA on June 18th

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Rusty

Re: They are Billions - shambling out of EA on June 18th

Post by Rusty » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:53 pm

I just completed a mission where, having watched one online, I did without farms and soldiers but still managed to do it. I enjoyed that one.
-- To be completed at some point --

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:28 am

Two-thirds of the way through the campaign now. Still enjoying it, although I'm starting to be a little worn down by the process of starting from scratch again each time. I may take a break of a few days so I don't completely tire of it.

In terms of the tech tree, for reference by now I've unlocked every building and unit via the inn (which seems expensive for what it is) and the mutant (expensive to unlock and buy, not sure it's necessary), and am now circling back again picking up the % increase unlocks I like the look of, like mills generating 30% extra energy, hunters producing 20% more food, that kind of thing.

There's a lot of things I don't see any use for at all, like the wonders, and starting to run out of attractive options so for the sake of spending points may end up going down that train deliveries tech line, so it's definitely possible if you're sensible about upgrades that by this point of the campaign you should have everything you need and then some.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:43 pm

I have to say, the Titans - piloted mechs with gatling guns - are a hell of a lot of fun to use, and rip a shred through enemies. I just cleared a map including harpies and chubbies with six of them and nothing else, barely took a scratch.

I'd give the Thanatos unit a swerve though, if you're weighing up between the two. Sound good in theory, but personally found the several seconds to aim a shot means that whatever they were shooting at has had time to run up and bite their faces off.

Also... the Lucifer flame-thrower units can incinerate your own troops. I learned this the hard way (RIP veteran ranger squad :()