Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Raid
Local

Re: Trump

Post by Raid » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:46 pm

Christ. Still, I find it even more remarkable that he's hosting SNL this year. Clearly it's an attempt to win over the electorate, but my understanding is that SNL has a fairly liberal bias in terms of the people that appear on it.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:14 pm

Raid wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:46 pm
Christ. Still, I find it even more remarkable that he's hosting SNL this year. Clearly it's an attempt to win over the electorate, but my understanding is that SNL has a fairly liberal bias in terms of the people that appear on it.
This was from 2004.
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:58 pm

The Jackal wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:14 pm
This was from 2004.
I was referring to the comment later in the video about him hosting in November. I didn't notice that the Youtube video was from 2015 and thought it was referring to 2019. My comment still applies, it's just that it happened in the campaign for his first term instead.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:50 pm

Oh, I see.

eny

Post by eny » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:25 am

Saw this on Quora:
Trump is walking down the street in Manhattan near the Tower and decides he needs a haircut. So he ducks into a barbershop with his Secret Service agents in tow. He sits down in a chair and then notices no one is talking. He looks around and sees that Obama is in the next chair. Trump grimaces but then smiles and tells his barber what he wants. No one talks while the two barbers work on the Presidents.

They finish at about the same time. Trump’s barber blows the hair off his cover and says “Mr. President, would you like some cologne. It’s a courtesy we offer our customers.” “No” the President answers, “Melania might think I’ve been to a brothel.”

Then President Obama’s barber asks the same thing of him, “Mr. President, would you like some cologne. It’s a courtesy we offer our customers.” Obama is quick to respond. “Sure, go ahead. Michelle doesn’t know what the inside of a brothel smells like.”

:lol:
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:15 pm

eny wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:25 am
Saw this on Quora:
Trump is walking down the street in Manhattan near the Tower and decides he needs a haircut. So he ducks into a barbershop with his Secret Service agents in tow. He sits down in a chair and then notices no one is talking. He looks around and sees that Obama is in the next chair. Trump grimaces but then smiles and tells his barber what he wants. No one talks while the two barbers work on the Presidents.

They finish at about the same time. Trump’s barber blows the hair off his cover and says “Mr. President, would you like some cologne. It’s a courtesy we offer our customers.” “No” the President answers, “Melania might think I’ve been to a brothel.”

Then President Obama’s barber asks the same thing of him, “Mr. President, would you like some cologne. It’s a courtesy we offer our customers.” Obama is quick to respond. “Sure, go ahead. Michelle doesn’t know what the inside of a brothel smells like.”

:lol:

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:26 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49240310

Yet again, the phrase 'mental health' is bandied about as the cause of mass shootings by white Americans (as opposed to non-white Americans or foreigners, who are clearly all mentally sound and only shoot people for religious or purely criminal reasons). No mention at all of what mental disorders the gunmen were supposedly suffering from. That's not important, of course - Trump can just cite generic mental illness as the primary cause of mass murder with impunity:
"Mental health and hate pull the trigger, not the gun."

Mr Trump went on to say that he is "open and ready to discuss all ideas that will actually work" and said Republicans and Democrats should "join together in a bi-partisan fashion to address this plague".

"It is not up to mentally ill monsters, it is up to us."
Mentally ill monsters. Making an effort to stop mass shootings is obviously positive, but if Trump's approach is to scaremonger by pretending mental illness is the root cause of murderous 'monsters', rather than the overwhelming number of guns available to the public at large, the pro-gun culture and laws in many states and the many other causes of these tragedies, then I fear for the direction this is heading.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:28 pm

Same old thing, use everything under the sun except taking the guns out the hands.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:52 pm

Well at least he didn't call the white supremacist a "very fine" person this time. For one of the most backward people on the planet, this probably constitutes progress.

It's funny isn't it; depression is a mental illness, and I dare say depression is a realistic outcome for people who've had family members killed in mass shootings. By scapegoating the mentally ill, he is effectively tarring the victims with the same brush as the shooter.

...Ok, maybe not ha ha funny.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:27 pm

While this is more than a numbers game, it’s important to recognise that the number of deaths in the US from mass shootings is dwarfed by the number of suicides with related mental disorders. I daresay if you asked Trump whether he thought someone with anxiety and no weapons was as likely to cause a mass shooting as a heavily armed white supremacist with severe emotional and behavioural difficulties, he’d probably say no. But it doesn’t matter; his comments breed fear around mental illness.

If I was the ‘weird’ kid at school with a mental disorder who sits alone at lunch and endures stares and jibes from the other kids because they don’t understand what he’s going through (and probably neither does he), I’d be terrified right now. Not because of the possibility of a shooting, but because I’d be afraid people now saw me as a potential shooter. How long before Billy Shitbag, whose dad voted Trump, starts getting up in my face because the president validated that maybe I’m a dangerous monster waiting to happen? How long before the fear and false narrative becomes too much to bear? Make no mistake, Trump’s comments will indirectly cost lives.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:54 am

I shouldn't be surprised anymore, I really shouldn't.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... Zj35SSKFMg

Donald and Melania pose for a publicity photo at a hospital, cradling a baby adorably dressed in a little bow tie. Donald gives a thumbs up and both smile. It looks like it's from a story about a successful maternity unit, but the baby has just lost both of his parents in a mass shooting.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:01 am

The man has never demonstrated anything other than a total lack of empathy... to the point where he's simply incapable of speaking and acting like a normal human being should speak and act. Like supposedly many in positions of power, success and/or authority he'd probably fail the psychopath test were it to be applied.

eny

Post by eny » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:39 am

He's probably just heard about the Epstein "suicide".....
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:29 am

eny wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:39 am
He's probably just heard about the Epstein "suicide".....
I'm sure there's been many a sigh of relief about that. The guy was in one of the most secure prison's in the US and on suicide watch yet somehow managed to "hang himself". I'm not a conspiracy theorist but that sure as fuck was Epstein getting silenced.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:50 pm

r/conspiracy has gone absolutely mental over the Epstein thing.