Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:11 pm

Stormbringer wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:09 pm
Right, here's another one:

People on trains. Ugh!

Background: we don't own a car, and we don't go on holidays abroad (apart from our annual Christmas family gathering in Tennessee), so our family summer getaways are often a series of day trips with the kids to places that we can get to and home again on public transport within an eight-hour window. Northumberland has become a favourite haunt of late, so the forty-minute train journey between Edinburgh and Berwick-Upon-Tweed has become a regular one for us.

However, it's rare these days that I get to travel on a train without some truly AWFUL behaviour eminating from some nearby passenger.

A couple of weeks ago it was a fat, very ugly Scottish woman who was talking at the top of her voice into her mobile, who had apparently been drinking heavily since she got on the train. This was at 8:00 in the morning. She was shouting such delightful phrases as: "THEY CAN SUCK MY FUCKIN' ARSE!" and "AYE, WE FUCKIN' DID IT, BUT I DIDNAE GET ANY PLEASURE FROM IT. SHE DID, BUT I DIDNAE. I'M TOTALLY FUCKIN' DRUNK BY THE WAY!"

Today, it was a family of Londoners -- two adults, three kids and a dog -- who at first were sprawled across the seats we had reserved. Thankfully, they did seem to be willing to move when we mentioned we'd reserved the seats, but with some feet-dragging. All three kids then crammed into two seats across from us and started bickering the whole way. One of them was a teenage girl, possibly a physically mature 12-year-old, or an emotionally immature 16-year-old, and while she was the greatest menace, all three of them whined at each other the whole way in their delightful Londony accents. It all kicked off when the youngest of the kids, a boy of perhaps 9 years of age, decided to repeatedly squeeze a plastic water bottle, which made a plasticy-crunching sound whenever he compressed it. This seemed to really wind up his mother (assuming she was his mother) and he was told to stop. He refused, so then the whole family erupted into chaos, with the teenage girl acting the worst; storming around and acting like a total brat.

Also, no offense intended, but, British regional accents, no matter the county, are dreadful. ¬_¬

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:56 pm

I hate it when the forum doesn't work properly.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:57 pm

Particularly when it doesn't work for Eny.

Let me know if that's sorted the number of emails, dude.

eny

Post by eny » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:52 pm

I got two emails at 20:57.....just went back into settings and realised I hadn't clicked 'submit'....so hopefully that has sorted it. ;)
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:26 pm

This may seem obscure, but I hear it a lot. It irks me when people say: "Shame on you!", as if the wording of this phrase actually had some kind of meaningful impact, or delivered some serious reputational damage to its intended target. I would suggest that individuals or groups who have supposedly earned the utterance of that phrase, don't feel shame for whatever it is they've done, and won't feel it afterward either.

Also:
Animalmother wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:36 pm
Spanish teenagers, holy fuck balls but is there a more annoying entity on the planet than a gang of these fuckers? They flood the city during the summer months like some sort of biblical plague, clogging up the busiest streets and all talking at once like words are going out of fashion. I like Spanish people but hate their teenagers.

On the bright side, I guess these guys won't be a problem anymore in a couple of months, eh? ¬_¬
Last edited by Stormbringer on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:38 pm

Likely to be worse as I live in Dublin, we'll get all the ones that would normally head to the UK. Ye bastards ¬_¬

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:39 pm

I had no idea you were Irish. Henceforth I am going to read all your posts in an Irish accent.
The hissing of rats

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:54 pm

did those teenagers have bright backpacks and when wandering around museums look thoroughly bored
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Stormbringer wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:39 pm
I had no idea you were Irish. Henceforth I am going to read all your posts in an Irish accent.
It's a pretty neutral accent so don't go overboard!
Achtung Englander wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:54 pm
did those teenagers have bright backpacks and when wandering around museums look thoroughly bored
Oh yes

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:42 am

My IBD. Specifically ulcerative pancolitis. Appeared last year and now won't leave, and looks like I'll be on meds for life. I hate the lack of a proper toilet visit, the bloating of the stomach, and the general feeling of 'when will it end?'

I've been told that there's no present risk of the big bad bowel cancer (it doesn't run in our family, but you never know, our problems are just blood related) my age being a good factor, oh yeah, I'm approaching 33. I see images of people with stoma bags and I get the fear I'll go that direction.

I'm writing this while in the middle of a flare up, hence the moan so thanks for reading my life woe.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:45 pm

I was going to moan about 2 cats fucking in the back garden at 4am but that's sounds a lot worse mate :?

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Nah its on par with cat fucking believe me I've had to listen to it as well lol.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:02 pm

That's terrible, Rossell. Sorry to hear it and I hope you can find a way to manage it. I've been plagued with digestive-system issues for most of my life, so I can relate, though I don't think mine have been as serious-sounding as that! :(

On a completely different note, I find it irritating when political parties accuse their opponents of being "ideologically driven". I don't know if that kind of language is frequently employed at Westminster, but you see it a lot up here. Every party's philosophical position is ideological! :x
The hissing of rats

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Identikit British wankers.

I have managed to make it back intact from a largely lovely holiday, coccooned in my rage-bubble and totally immune to the general levels of fuckwittery experienced by travelling home. But if one thing were to have taken the shine off, it would be the identikit wankers.

From the top:
- Peaky Blinders haircut
- Bad tattoos, usually including a sleeve, but often just looking as though they have asked to be turned into a random jotter of doodles. "Mr Tattoo-artist, load up a shotgun of designs and let me have it."
- Pressed shorts, often with a turn-up above the knee
- Suede penny loafers, most commonly in red or blue

The place was full of them, and when we reached the airport it reached epidemic levels. What is wrong with you you fucking sheep, is it too much to ask for some kind of originality???

Also while I am ranting, stupid fucking twenty-something wanks who get drunk too early and then talk too loudly about themselves, like, literally, and he was like and she was like and I was like...

Honestly, given that I was in the proximity of a swimming pool, that I am not up on murder charges for drowning the self-obsessed bint is a miracle.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:21 pm

And where, pray tell, did you holiday?

If you went to Ibiza or somewhere else equally chavvy and shit, you've no-one to blame but yourself.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.