Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Rossell

Re: Trump

Post by Rossell » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:53 pm

Anyone seen the Ukraine transcript? Jebus.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:59 pm

I've a funny feeling Iran is going to get a little bit of trouble as a distraction tactic.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:18 pm

It's distressing that the US president ordering a military strike to distract from his own impeachment investigation seems an entirely plausible and standard scenario now. If that's what happens, it may backfire depending on the scale of the conflict, because I imagine Republican senators would prefer Mike Pence in charge of a war rather than Trump and so it may sway them to impeach.

In many ways, Mike Pence as president scares me more than Trump. Rather than Trump's scatterbrained, ad-libbed incompetence and bigotry, there'd be Pence's hard-line agenda that aggressively works against anyone who isn't a straight, white, obedient Christian American.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:18 pm

To attack a country Trump needs the approval of Congress unless it is an act of self defense. Also I get a feeling Trump is not a warmonger - surprisingly.

I do not think he will get impeached as it requires 19 Republicans (49% of them) to sign up to impeachment. That ain't going to happen
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:49 am

Achtung Englander wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:18 pm
Also I get a feeling Trump is not a warmonger - surprisingly.
I think you’re right, but I also don’t think he’d see it in those terms. I worry that he’d see an attack on Iran as nothing more than a justifiable distraction where the consequences would be irrelevant to him. It’s a metaphorical button he can press to bait and switch - I don’t believe he cares what else the button does.

As for Congress approving attacks, am I imagining it or wasn’t his 2017 military strike on Syria done unilaterally?

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:09 pm

The Edwin has been caught doing the same thing with the Australian PM over Robert Muller. I'm sure all world leaders do this shit but Trump is just so fucking incompetent it's beggers belief.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:47 pm

It's almost as if he doesn't care if he's discovered. He's the President, he thinks that puts him above the law. Given how much he's already gotten away with, I'm not all that surprised that he'd be thinking this way.

I didn't realise quite how bad this Ukraine story was until I watched the most recent episode of Last Week Tonight. I just assumed that the story was conjecture and hearsay by White House insiders, not that there was a completely, entirely damning transcript of a call where with no hint of irony or subterfuge, the President of the United States asks the leader of another state to dig up dirt on his rival. It's just incredible. Hell, Trump even says he'll have his personal lawyer (for those that don't know, Giuliani does not work for the US government, he works for Trump directly) contact him, giving up any pretense whatsoever that this was not for personal gain.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:46 pm

And just when we all thought his senility could not bite any harder, he openly suggests in a meeting with a news crew that China and the Ukraine investigate the Bidens.

So now it isn't a case of "There is very likely documentation that could lead to impeachment, now the orange mushroom-dick has made sure that there is twice the ammunition in the public domain.

God let the vile prick be behind bars soon, maybe it will be the catalyst that sways the world away from resurgent fascism...
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:03 pm

Is he even trying now?

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:14 pm

Snowy wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:46 pm
God let the vile prick be behind bars soon, maybe it will be the catalyst that sways the world away from resurgent fascism...
Aye, but it won't.
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:34 pm

Aye, I believe that particular boil will swell long beyond any Trump-uppance and burst venomously... :(
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:59 am

This is a bit like Jimmy Saville - hiding in plain site, except this time our eyes are wide open. If he does not get impeached, for breaking their constitutional laws, than this pretty much sums up America:

Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:04 am

There’s no chance. No presidents ever been successfully impeached before and the Republicans are too infuriatingly bone headed for it to happen now.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:36 pm

Alan wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:04 am
No presidents ever been successfully impeached before
No president has successfully been removed from office by impeachment before. Two presidents have been impeached; Bill Clinton and Andrew Johnson. Nixon would have been impeached but left office before it happened. Impeachment is not an automatic removal from office.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:07 pm

If someone is acquitted anywhere else it’s not seen as a successful conviction. ;) He’ll get impeached in the house with zero problem but there’s also zero chance the senate won’t acquit. It’ll be a real fun show at least!
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.