Parkitect

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Mint

Re: Parkitect

Post by Mint » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:45 am

Yeah I bought it last night. I felt I had to do the scenarios as you can't just pick up and go and have a successful park, looks like you're right - It is surprisingly tough. That's a good thing though and mod potential will keep me interested.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:07 pm

I probably should pick this up as well, but my 2019 rule is to wait until the raging game boner subsides then decide.

I have a tendency to get overly excited for things and jump in at full price only to feel that hot pang of buyers remorse when the price drops and I haven't even started playing it yet.

Oh and hello and welcome Mint! :D

Mint

Post by Mint » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:05 pm

I am glad I got this. It's a shame I am at an age now where I feel guilty if I end up playing a game for more than 2 hours whilst the missus is awake. I could easily spend hours into the campaign, it's done really well and is a good challenge rather than just free building your own park.

Each level can be a short and sweet challenge or you can really develop it into your own park. The game punishes you for being too slap dash or for banking on loans with no intention of paying them off. You really have to think about where you're placing the rides, how much it will cost and whats the back up if it rains...

Loving it and loving how the game will grow via the community.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:24 pm