Good TV (aka, the TV series spamthread), the second series

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Snowy
Local

Re: Good TV (aka, the TV series spamthread), the second series

Post by Snowy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:04 pm

Tell me who I am on Netflix.

Hard to watch, identical twins, one of whom has a motorcycle accident, goes into a coma, and when he wakes all he remembers is who his twin is. Nothing else and nobody else. His twin fills his life in for him, but is holding back something which comes out over the course of the documentary.

Fascinating, heartbreaking, well worth your time but be warned it is pretty hard to hear.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:56 pm

Living a with Yourself
That was really great and Rudd is a much better actor than I’d have given him credit for. Funny and dark, just how I like them.

The walking dead
This has been real bad for a while now. The whisperers (people who dress in zombie skins to blend in and heard zombies) are an interesting idea that breaks in universe rules. Used to be you had to cover yourself in zombie guts to pass through the horde but now a simple skin mask will do. That said, the Neagan stuff of the last two eps has been fun and I’m looking forward to seeing how that plays out.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:27 am

Alan wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:56 pm
Living a with Yourself
That was really great and Rudd is a much better actor than I’d have given him credit for. Funny and dark, just how I like them.
Mentioned this a page or so back, it's really good.

Another shout-out for the Kominsky Method as well, about halfway through the second season now. Michael Douglas doing TV really well.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:16 am

Alan wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:56 pm
The walking dead
This has been real bad for a while now. The whisperers (people who dress in zombie skins to blend in and heard zombies) are an interesting idea that breaks in universe rules. Used to be you had to cover yourself in zombie guts to pass through the horde but now a simple skin mask will do. That said, the Neagan stuff of the last two eps has been fun and I’m looking forward to seeing how that plays out.
I am way behind on this now. It got soooo bad with the hideously drawn out saviours storyline that I lost the will to live with it, the A-Team gunfights being a particularly low ebb even without the utter lack of any meaningful plot advancement episode after episode. I tried watching the first episode of the season following Negan's capture about a year after it was screened, but was bored within 10 minutes and have never gone back.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Same here. I used to watch it religiously until I finally admitted to myself it was pish and not worth the effort. Might have a look again at some point in the future. Also gave up pretty quickly on Fear the Walking Dead.

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:31 am

Animalmother wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Same here. I used to watch it religiously until I finally admitted to myself it was pish and not worth the effort. Might have a look again at some point in the future. Also gave up pretty quickly on Fear the Walking Dead.
If you’re out, I’m not suggesting it’s now good enough to get back in, just that after how bad it’s gotten there’s a slight upturn of late. ;)
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Just watched the full Prince Andrew interview, which I can fully recommended (get popcorn). Turns out the reason he stayed at a convicted paedophile's house after meeting him in person to tell him they couldn't meet anymore or be photographed together (and then getting photographed) was because it was convenient, and because he's too honourable to refuse such a generous offer.

The best bit is when he claims he's wracked his brains to try and remember the photograph being taken of him with his arm round an underage teenage girl, but alas, blast and damnation, he just can't recollect it. What a royal (¬_¬) shame.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:43 pm

:lol:

I will give it a watch

Talking about the Royals - The Crown season 3. I really like this series. Seen the first 2 episodes so far, the production values are superb.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:00 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:22 pm
Just watched the full Prince Andrew interview, which I can fully recommended (get popcorn). Turns out the reason he stayed at a convicted paedophile's house after meeting him in person to tell him they couldn't meet anymore or be photographed together (and then getting photographed) was because it was convenient, and because he's too honourable to refuse such a generous offer.

The best bit is when he claims he's wracked his brains to try and remember the photograph being taken of him with his arm round an underage teenage girl, but alas, blast and damnation, he just can't recollect it. What a royal (¬_¬) shame.
You missed out probably the best bit, that since the Falklands he's been literally medically incapable of perspiring :lol:

I heartily recommend for everyone to search Twitter for 'Woking Pizza Express reviews'.

You won't be disappointed :lol:

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Lest we forget, OJ Simpson was acquitted after he explained that he was at Little Chef just outside Milton Keynes on the night of the murder.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:00 pm
Wrathbone wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:22 pm

You missed out probably the best bit, that since the Falklands he's been literally medically incapable of perspiring :lol:

I heartily recommend for everyone to search Twitter for 'Woking Pizza Express reviews'.

You won't be disappointed :lol:
I loved the headline in one of the US papers - "His Royal Dryness" :lol:
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:03 am

I know this is the "good" TV thread, but I was looking forward to the recent BBC adaptation of The War of the Worlds.

I saw some bad reviews, which prompted me to watch a clip or two on YouTube, which confirmed it -- it looks ATROCIOUS.
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:22 pm

looking at a clip on YouTube its just full of jokes about Woking Pizza Express

I bet Pizza Hut are pissed Andrew chose a rival (just as shite) chain

It does look like an extension of Poldark. Actually that would have been an awesome ending to that period piece. Can you imagine. It would have been a Taratino like twist and it would have brilliant. It would have pissed off so many woman but I think blokes would have died of laughter.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

eny

Post by eny » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:36 am

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a298 ... iere-date/

AMC has announced that the show will return for its fifth run on Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 10pm. Then, we'll get another new episode on Monday, February 24 at 9pm, which is the usual time slot.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:29 am

eny wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:36 am
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a298 ... iere-date/

AMC has announced that the show will return for its fifth run on Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 10pm. Then, we'll get another new episode on Monday, February 24 at 9pm, which is the usual time slot.
Counting the days. Such a good show.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗