DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Re: Xbox & Microsoft News/Discussion

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:20 am

Alan wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:54 pm
DjchunKfunK wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:23 pm
None of the interfaces have been good, you stick that PS3 interface in a modern console and it wouldn't cope with all the extra stuff we have now.
Like what? What else do we have other than video capture which would be siloed in an app. The XMB is at its heart a cleaner non ADHD version of the PS4 one which is a cluttered mess of a UI.
Digital content has increased, the number of apps people use on consoles, PSN has more to it.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:15 am

The PS3 interface would have worked fine with an increased amount of apps. You could have custom subfolders for all your games and all the apps on the main bar or within additional folders.

It's not really a great deal different from the PS4 interface to be honest.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:10 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:20 am
Alan wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:54 pm
DjchunKfunK wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:23 pm
None of the interfaces have been good, you stick that PS3 interface in a modern console and it wouldn't cope with all the extra stuff we have now.
Like what? What else do we have other than video capture which would be siloed in an app. The XMB is at its heart a cleaner non ADHD version of the PS4 one which is a cluttered mess of a UI.
Digital content has increased, the number of apps people use on consoles, PSN has more to it.
You mean the “friends activity” page? As for digital content 90% of my purchases were digital on PS3, I don’t see how it’s any different now. If you mean netflix etc. they actually put your media apps in a separate bar instead of tossing everything in with the games like PS4 does.

I don’t see one think XMB couldn’t do equally or better than PS4. Damn pretty too. For an interface.
I used to be eVoL but I got better.
I like everything now.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:30 am

Just discovered that there’s an Alexa skill for controlling your Xbox in all the ways you could with Kinect. Pretty neat. I was just about to buy a media remote but this negates the need for that :)
I used to be eVoL but I got better.
I like everything now.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:06 pm

My Friend Pedro added to GamePass :P
Games playing : Assassin's Creed II / Metro 2033 / The Messenger / One Finger Death Punch