Playstation & Sony News/Discussion

Console Country!
Alan

Re: Playstation & Sony News/Discussion

Post by Alan » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:31 am

I use it with Vita a lot for Slay The Spire. The rear touch is an issue for a lot of games though.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:35 pm

The touch pad thingy? Seems like such a gimmick to me so far. Spidey just uses it as a "menu" button, nowt else.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:14 am

The PS5 has lost a launch title as Kena: Bridge of Spirits has been delayed till 2021.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:08 pm

So there's a showcase that just started which kicked off with Final Fantasy 16. It's a PS5 console exclusive that will also be on PC.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:46 pm

PS5 is £449.99.
PS5 DIgital Edition is £359.99.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:48 pm

very brave from Sony. I am sure they hated this price but they had no option

Of the 2 systems this is more compelling

Of the 2 services Xbox has better

I have to admit that was a pretty awesome showcase. Completely put Microsoft indie heavy one in the pale
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:50 pm

Yeah, it's the first next-gen showcase that actually had me interested. I'm still not getting one at launch.

Price parity between the two major consoles.. has that ever really happened before? I'm sure one of the major players has traditionally launched at a significantly higher price and regretted it.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:02 pm

I gotta say Sony went hard on this one.

I am with Achtung. This for me wins over Xbox but could do with learnings a bit from Xboxs service.

Won't pick one up at launch because I haven't got a 4k TV and frankly it needs one to be worth it.

Edit: and to be honest I want horizon 2 and god of war ragnarok to be my first games on it.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:05 pm

The extra PS Plus titles available on launch is a nice touch but doesn't really compare with Game Pass. I'm not sure Sony really has the clout to offer such a huge value service like Game Pass though.

I didn't catch many details due to work though, are these PS Plus titles going to run at enhanced frame rates or resolutions? Or are they straight ports? 60fps Bloodborne would be amazing but I don't think it's possible due to the inherent technical issues that game has.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:13 pm

There really wasn't much information given. They didn't even confirm whether it would be free or if it'll carry an extra cost. I'd be surprised if it wasn't thrown in for free, given it's made up entirely of PS4 titles, but it's probably worth a fiver per month given the quality of the games on offer.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:19 pm

The impression I got was that it's included for any PS Plus subscribers simply as an extra little freebie.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:17 pm

Lower prices than I expected but again like Microsoft nothing that looks next gen and nothing really coming at launch, Demon Souls the only worthwhile PS5 first party exclusive.

Few other little bits.

Price of Sony Worldwide Studio games will be £70 in most cases, €80 if you live in Europe which is shocking.
Dual Sense $70 so probably £70 if a direct conversion like the games.
Miles Morales, Sackboy and Horizon Forbidden West coming to PS4.

On that last point it will be interesting to hear how those who have said Microsoft are gimping all their games by allowing them to run on the current gen will now spin this as a good thing.

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:01 am

MM was a PS4 ass looking game in the event footage, real weird they lead with that. Horizon is a bit surprising but wasnt it originally announced as a PS4 title or was that just when it wasn’t officially announced? If they were going cross gen

So the only game on next gen I’m moderately interested in is a game that came out 15 years ago. \:D/
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:27 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:17 pm
Price of Sony Worldwide Studio games will be £70 in most cases,
It's actually pricing that's one of the biggest reasons for me not wanting a next-gen console. It's almost impossible for me to work out if I'm going to enjoy a game enough to risk spending £50 on it these days, it's why I'm so enamoured with Gamepass as it removes that risk barrier to entry. I still haven't bought any games for my One X, the only one I own came with the console. I don't think I've bought a Switch game in over a year. The most recent PS4 game I own was Final Fantasy 7 Remake, but prior to that it was Red Dead Redemption 2 which I completely bounced off of. I also have an aversion to selling games I've gotten excited about, thinking that I'll go back and try again at a later point.

£70 is just completely out of the question for me.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:22 am

£70. For a game. Let me put my diamond shoes on to go check the money tree to see if I've got a spare £20 note to mop my brow while I contemplate in what universe I'd consider that a fair transaction.