Forza Horizon 5 (PC, Xbox, Gamepass)

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Snowy
Local

Re: Forza Horizon 5 (PC, Xbox, Gamepass)

Post by Snowy » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:41 am

Yeah I felt the same - it is definitely more of the same, but I love having content to just dip into so am very happy with a new game. There are some great vistas in 5 too, the map is decent. The odd thing is the car list - a great deal of older models and some manufacturers conspicuous by their absence (Alfa Romeo for example). I wonder if they have fallen foul of some aggressive licensing by the likes of Gran Turismo?
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:46 am

Licensing issues have always been a thing with car games. I think the first Forza Motorsport didn't have anything from Ferrari for that reason.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:53 pm

This looks brilliant, but the online play with mates is still just as dogshit as it was in FH4, which is massively disappointing.

Their "convoy" system is clunky as fuck, often times out, and you have to have the leader physically drive to a race location in order to play together. What that means in practise is that we team up, non-leaders fuck about wherever while we wait for leader to sort the race out, and then when they finally have done, one of us will probably time-out of the convoy leading us back to the start.

A Microsoft game, on a Microsoft operating system, distributed through the Microsoft fucking Xbox app… and its compatibility is this fucking bad? Fuck I hate Windows, it's a steaming sack of festering turds underneath an acrid garbage fire.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:48 pm

Drarok wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:53 pm
This looks brilliant, but the online play with mates is still just as dogshit as it was in FH4, which is massively disappointing.

Their "convoy" system is clunky as fuck, often times out, and you have to have the leader physically drive to a race location in order to play together. What that means in practise is that we team up, non-leaders fuck about wherever while we wait for leader to sort the race out, and then when they finally have done, one of us will probably time-out of the convoy leading us back to the start.

A Microsoft game, on a Microsoft operating system, distributed through the Microsoft fucking Xbox app… and its compatibility is this fucking bad? Fuck I hate Windows, it's a steaming sack of festering turds underneath an acrid garbage fire.
I have not played it online with mates yet, so have not had to endure that. 4 was fucking dogshit, how could a game that gets so much right fuck up something so buggering obvious? And they haven't learnt? The more I look the more I see Forza 4 in new clothes but little improvement (not a bad thing but surely making a new map didn't take THAT long). I mean, the engine sound bug is still there - in replays cars only sound like they have a single gear, they never change up or down - a bug that they have had since Forza fucking 3.

Mhhh
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:12 pm

Hah! I spotted that bug too. Must be the first time I've been in the replay thing (which is awful and nearly useless).

Amazingly fun arcadey driver, wrapped in the second-worst menu system ever conceived.

#1 spot is reserved for Destiny 2. Fuck do I hate the interface to that game, but I looooove the shooting.
Raid wrote:
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:39 am

Only ever played Destiny 2 to the end of the prelude where you can hook up with others. My inconsistent friend who wanted to play it with me never showed, and I never played it again :|
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:14 pm

The Red War, where you lose your magic and get booted down into the city?

Yeah, that doesn't even exist in the game anymore. They "vaulted" loads of content over the years and now nothing makes any fucking sense, especially if you try to join in now. The mishandling of the game is legendary.
Raid wrote:

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:47 pm

It’s nuts they went from the idea you’d be able to play through the story from Destiny 1 all through to the end of two and then went fuck it, delete it all!
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:58 pm

Yeah, and that's not even the half of it. There's multiple different strands of quests, all completely unsignposted and unrelated in any way (progress on one doesn't do anything for others), there's nothing telling you what things are important and what things are just "if you're bored" side-quest level…

Honestly, it wouldn't be hard to fill a 5h take-down video of this game, but the core gameplay, the visuals, the insane guns and armour, and the lure of finally doing my first 6-guardian raid keeps me fighting through the bullshit.
Raid wrote:

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:58 pm

So anyway! Forza is buggy but also great fun. :D
Raid wrote: