Halo Infinite- Out December 8

Steam, Deals & More.
Alan

Re: Halo Infinite- Out December 8

Post by Alan » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:46 pm

Man playing this makes me sad all over again about Epic canceling UT.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:43 pm

Gave this a blast over the weekend and found it to be alright, but after a while I find its best to organise into teams with proper comms for the best experience.
Like all the previous Halo MP games. I can only guess and sync up pick ups with power cell carriers and flag runners and the lot like that.

I came across one little amusing bug while playing and that was when the other team tried to hijack the Scorpion tank I was in. I just kept on jumping out and entering it again and for some reason the other team could not take it. Also I learnt that the passenger seat in a Warthog can be occupied by a enemy and they can melee the driver to death.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:29 am

Abs_McBain wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:43 pm
Also I learnt that the passenger seat in a Warthog can be occupied by a enemy and they can melee the driver to death.
I think that's actually been possible since at least Halo 3.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:45 am

I have learnt over the past few days that I am terrible at this game. I'm usually pretty good at fps games but for some reason I'm just not getting on with Halo Infinite, I think it is a combination of the high time to kill and the weapons.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:08 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:45 am
I have learnt over the past few days that I am terrible at this game. I'm usually pretty good at fps games but for some reason I'm just not getting on with Halo Infinite, I think it is a combination of the high time to kill and the weapons.
I know what you mean mate, I find it very difficult to even get a kill. Players just run at you guns blazing in a way that would get you insta-killed in most other games.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:55 pm

Its the grenades that annoy me, constant spam everywhere. The rest is pretty good with the exception of the store, 8 quid for a colour and a slightly modified arm is horrific. To be honest I really dont like any of the customisation because when it gets frantic I want to look at someone and see they are an enemy not have to look at the nameplate above them. Back in my day teams had colours!
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:34 pm

Alan wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:55 pm
Its the grenades that annoy me, constant spam everywhere. The rest is pretty good with the exception of the store, 8 quid for a colour and a slightly modified arm is horrific. To be honest I really dont like any of the customisation because when it gets frantic I want to look at someone and see they are an enemy not have to look at the nameplate above them. Back in my day teams had colours!
I do think there is a slight issue with spotting team mates already and the customisations don't help. I agree on the customisation being lacking in general, the battle pass stuff is pretty naff in general.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:57 am

Been working my way through the Master Chief Collection and just finished ODST and started Halo 4. I remember Halo 4 when released as being visually stunning but a bit dull. On this replay it still looks fantastic and the opening levels are great, some of the best in the series I'd say. The sound of the weapons has also been vastly improved, they actually sound lethal now. I'm pretty sure it all goes downhill once the new enemies make an appearance and the plot slides into blandness, but until that point I'm really enjoying this.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:39 am

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–‹π–Šπ–†π–— π•Ώπ–π–Š π•½π–Šπ–†π–•π–Šπ–—

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:43 am

This is the first Halo game I am interested in playing since Halo 3.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:57 am

Eurogamer played the first few campaign missions the other week, and their comments were that the combat was better than it ever has been with 343 in charge, but that it suffers from the usual open-world problems in between the scripted levels. Pretty much what I was expecting.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:23 pm

Sounds similar to what happened with the last Gears game then. Really solid meaty combat and great scripted linearity dotted between utterly tedious and drawn out open world segments.

I really hate this modern trope in gaming that every developer seems to think open world automatically means better.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:09 pm

Mantis wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:23 pm
Sounds similar to what happened with the last Gears game then. Really solid meaty combat and great scripted linearity dotted between utterly tedious and drawn out open world segments.

I really hate this modern trope in gaming that every developer seems to think open world automatically means better.
Agreed mate, open world is nothing unless there's plenty of worthwhile ways to spend your time. Pretty scenery is momentary at the end of the day.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–‹π–Šπ–†π–— π•Ώπ–π–Š π•½π–Šπ–†π–•π–Šπ–—

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:03 am

Really interesting points. For me I think you need some way to make the journey as interesting as the destination - not some kind of shonky collect em up mechanic alone. I've just started playing Borderlands 3 which I guess is pseudo open world (So far it's Borderlands 2 which doesn't come as a great surprise and also fine as I finished with that years back).

So which games do we think have done open world really well? Here are my picks

Shadows of Mordor
Witcher 3
Prey (probably the best example which they do by shrinking the world down)
Fallout 4

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:29 am

arqueturus wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:03 am
Really interesting points. For me I think you need some way to make the journey as interesting as the destination - not some kind of shonky collect em up mechanic alone. I've just started playing Borderlands 3 which I guess is pseudo open world (So far it's Borderlands 2 which doesn't come as a great surprise and also fine as I finished with that years back).

So which games do we think have done open world really well? Here are my picks

Shadows of Mordor
Witcher 3
Prey (probably the best example which they do by shrinking the world down)
Fallout 4
Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty well done imo.