The Covid-19 Thread

Exciting adventures IRL.
eny

Re: The Covid-19 Thread

Post by eny » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:10 pm

Interesting thread on the insurance industry view of the deaths from this outbreak: 40% increase in working-age people from pre-pandemic levels—not all listed as covid deaths, but many more covid related because of the complications long term eventually ending in mortality.

This whole deal about a "milder" strain isn't talked about enough, the symptoms might be milder, but the cellular level impact is less so—we are not told enough about the way covid spike proteins damage cells and their function long after the original infection, and the damage is permanent.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:04 pm

Staggering, isn’t it? Even if transmission of covid-19 ended overnight, the long term health effects of it could cause significant excess deaths for years or even decades.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:04 pm

A bunch of my friends got it over Christmas with varying degrees of severity. Everyone was vaccinated but the ones who hadn't got the booster yet got floored by it while boostered people had mild to no ill effects. Get your booster if you haven't already!!

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:41 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:04 pm
A bunch of my friends got it over Christmas with varying degrees of severity. Everyone was vaccinated but the ones who hadn't got the booster yet got floored by it while boostered people had mild to no ill effects. Get your booster if you haven't already!!
Totally, missus & I caught it the week after my booster and as she was unboosted it hit her a lot harder than me. Wouldn't have thought a week would have given much protection but there you go.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:01 pm

It's like an episode of Brass Eye.. :shock:

eny

Post by eny » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:30 pm

I've had a connection with this sort of thinking via the prepper end of the bushcraft community, and whilst their fears and mistrust are valid, a bit of sparring and moaning whilst in groups together aren't going to get the results they hope for. There are far too many malignants that exploit their vulnerability and ignorance and lead them on, we see this on the other side of the pond with the Q-nonesense and extreme republicanism. They may have a point, but the elites have far more tools at their disposal than a bit of rioting and protesting will solve, and at the bottom of it all, you need the truth to make any action worthy, and that is severely lacking in a lot of it.

– Abraham Lincoln

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:32 pm

That video shed some light on the psychology of the people doing this, something I've really struggled with understanding. It's not a matter of ignoring facts, it's about distrust of the people delivering those facts. And in the absence of facts, they just make their own or get them from similarly minded people instead because, well, logic, even when completely backward, needs to be based on some sort of evidence. So they desperately seek out anything that sounds plausible that did not come from an official source.

But I don't understand why these sorts of "truther" types always seem to link officials to paedophilia. I know that's maybe a little easier to believe at the moment given what else is in the news, but where does that connection come from? It was the same when Trump was elected with the Hillary Clinton pizza restaurant story.

eny

Post by eny » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:37 pm

There is an angle of psyops to these events—that an elite group use a 'secret service' operation to sow seeds and grow the belief that the people they are against are guilty of these atrocities, so vote for the people we want you to, to get us what you (we) want...Qanon being such an operation, which is spreading to include christo-fanaticism.

– Abraham Lincoln

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:51 pm

Fair enough. I suppose paedophilia is just a pretty easy catch-all for hatred.

Next question; what is it with paedophiles and pizza restaurants?

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:14 pm

Raid wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:51 pm
What is it with paedophiles and pizza restaurants?
Sounds like the opening to the worst ever Seinfeld standup bit.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:53 pm

Yikes, there's more leaks coming out now about "wine time Friday" happening every week at No.10 to the extent that the staff bought a fridge to keep the wine in all throughout the pandemic and that whilst Johnson only attended a few of them he was well aware of it the whole time and often stopped to make small talk with the attendees whilst on the way up to his flat.

I'm sure the independent inquiry will find he did nothing wrong of course and the utterly useless MET will decide that there is no use investigating any criminal events that occurred in the past as they said before. #-o

I can't even imagine what it must feel like for those who lost loved ones and didn't even get a chance to see them to say goodbye who now know how much the government offices have been utterly taking the piss.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:00 am

Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

eny

Post by eny » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:42 am

:lol:

...and while we were angry at byob party's.... :

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/01/14/saji ... und-alarm/

– Abraham Lincoln

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:28 am

Mantis wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:53 pm
I'm sure the independent inquiry will find he did nothing wrong of course and the utterly useless MET will decide that there is no use investigating any criminal events that occurred in the past as they said before. #-o
The MET won’t be a jot of help considering it was their officers at the door of No. 10 waving by the crowds of revellers with clinking suitcases.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:57 am

There's a report that they bought a fridge to keep their wine in for these parties. At Number 10 Downing Street, which hosts state functions. You'd think such a place might already have some working fridges, so you have to question exactly how much wine these people were going through. And even if we hadn't been in a state of lockdown, imposed by the very people attending these things, how many sodding office jobs is it considered ok to drink at?

To be honest, our leaders being perpetually drunk does explain a lot of what's happened these last few years.