Two Point Hospital [PC]

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Snowy
Local

Two Point Hospital [PC]

Post by Snowy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:41 am

So as per the thread on PW, I have already pre-ordered this (oh you worked on Theme Hospital and are making it's successor? Here, money.) and it releases tomorrow. It is open for pre-load, so will grab it today.

I shall happily canary it and feed back :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: Two Point Hospital

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:42 am

Cool. It's definitely one I'm interested in, although the launch price is a little on the high side for me.

Pew-Pew

Re: Two Point Hospital

Post by Pew-Pew » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:26 am

Let us know how it is, Snowy, really interested in this one. You can be the test rat.

Strudel

Re: Two Point Hospital [PC]

Post by Strudel » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:15 pm

I have also pre-ordered this and am already annoyed at myself for not realising it was releasing on Thursday, not Friday, and I'm busy tomorrow evening so won't get to play it before Friday night.

I'm about half way through the campaign in Theme Hospital as well, and that game is just as great today as it was back when my PC was powered by three hamsters one particularly feisty gerbil.

Lee

Post by Lee » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:21 pm

I've pre-ordered it as well but going to wait for how people say it is on launch and then play later on. Trying to finish off some other games before I start on it :)
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:08 am

PCG - 87%
Freddie Mercury impersonators have completely taken over the hospital waiting area, the clown clinic has caught fire and all of my janitors are busy vacuuming up the angry ghosts of deceased patients. And of course all of this chaos kicks off right when the mayor decides to visit. It’s a pretty normal day in Two Point Hospital, where ridiculous disasters are constantly bubbling beneath the surface, but more often exploding all at once.

Running a hospital is a messy business. Managing the moods of petulant doctors, curing a bizarre list of fictitious illnesses, cleaning up poo and putting out actual fires—there’s little time to sit back and listen to the various radio DJs driving patients mad over the hospital PA system. The upbeat music, silly diseases and constant puns create a false sense of security, but like the Bullfrog and Lionhead romps that preceded it, underneath its tongue-in-cheek exterior is a dense, tricky management game.
https://www.pcgamer.com/two-point-hospital-review/

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:00 am

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:04 am

Couple of really positive reviews there. I'll no doubt be picking this up sooner rather than later.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:08 am

EG review...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... -a-classic

Recommended

So far so good it would seem.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:47 am

Bought. I'll play some tonight.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:50 am

Yeah, just picked it up as well. My 7yo likes to sit at my desk and watch me play games so I'm always on the lookout for something suitable, and this looks like it could be fun for her to watch as well as for me to play.

She just came back demanding to watch me play Plants vs Zombies after seeing her cousin playing one version of it on holiday recently, but after some 130-hours I've put into that down the years it's lost its lustre somewhat -_-

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:02 pm

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... -few-hours

Err, Eurogamer are promoting a site I've never heard of (that's situated in the UAE from what I can tell) selling the game for just under £14 using a discount code. I'd hope EG have done due dilligence on this, because a large discount on a game on launch day does feel a bit fishy.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:06 pm

I've seen them crop up a fair bit. They just look like another site taking advantage of regional pricing. The 'new kid on the block' as it were, always looks to discount heavily to drive business. I don't think it's any less reputable than places like CDKeys and Instant Gaming.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:41 pm

Yeah, after posting that someone on the EG page commented showing that it's an approved Sega distributor, so it's presumably not dodgy.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:16 pm

Wow, this really is Theme Hospital ptII, isn't it? But that's a good thing, obviously. Have only played the first two maps yet, ie the tutorial and the one where you get introduced to psychiatry, but all good so far.