Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Mantis
Landlord

Red Dead Redemption 2 [PS4, XBone] - PC in November

Post by Mantis » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:11 pm

New gameplay video released.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 26th)

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:36 am

I just don't seem to be able to muster any enthusiasm for this what so ever. Everybody's creaming their drawers at the prospect, but I just cant be arsed with it. :?

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:40 am

Is it actually confirmed for PC? In all previews (and tbf I've not seen many) I've not seen it mentioned.

I didn't play the first one (not owning a console) but always wanted to. I'd definitely play the sequel if it comes to PC.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am

Yeah, why is this in the PC folder? Not been confirmed m8! I have a PS4 now anyway so it's all good -_-

The first one was enjoyable. Never finished it but I reckon I might go back to it at some point. The problem was that I had it on PS3 and the performance was horrible compared to XB360. If they remastered it and put it on PS4 or PC I would be all over that shit. This video looks good, kind of more of the same but prettier and with some possibly deeper systems.
Last edited by Pew-Pew on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:43 am

It's just consoles right now.

I've not enjoyed playing a Rockstar game since Vice City, I just find mechanically they are just not fun anymore. Consequently I'm struggling to raise any interest in this game, despite the setting being one of my favourites.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:43 am

No PC release mention as of yet, but you'd imagine with the success of GTA Online on PC it cant be far away. 6 months to a year after the consoles would be my guess.

I've tried to play the first on multiple occasions and despite my love for Rockstar games I just cant get into it. I find it all quite dull.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:43 am

I've not enjoyed playing a Rockstar game since Vice City, I just find mechanically they are just not fun anymore. Consequently I'm struggling to raise any interest in this game, despite the setting being one of my favourites.
Did you play GTA V?

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:47 am

The PW Red Dead thread was in the first person shooter folder so I just sort of followed on from there. -_-

I reckon a PC version will probably come out alongside the next gen versions of the game in a year or twos time a little like how they did with GTAV where it was released on PS3 and 360 first.

I'm skeptical about Rockstar nowadays since they fobbed off making any single player content for GTAV to milk people for cash cards on the multiplayer. It was the shortest campaign they've ever made too and the map had very little to do in it once you'd polished the missions off. Going to need to hear a lot more about this before I get excited I think, currently it looks like there's a lot of emphasis on doing mini games around the camp.

"Hey Nico, it's your cousin! Let's go bowling!"

Never again.

Pew-Pew

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 [PS4, XBone] - October 26th

Post by Pew-Pew » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:50 am

I dunno, the mini games in RDR were pretty good, not annoying like GTAIV. I was fairly happy with how much singleplayer content there was in GTA V too, I didn't feel ripped off at all. That said, I didn't even finish the campaign as I pissed around with other aspects of the game a lot, so maybe it's not so important to me.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:55 am

I've played the GTAV campaign a couple of times now in fact, I think it's really well done with the different playable characters. I certainly prefer it to IV which felt a bit dull at times.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:02 pm

IV was kind of just dull in general TBH. I would go back to it and see how it is now, but the performance problems just put me off. Plus all the phone calls.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:14 pm

Pew-Pew wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 am
DjchunKfunK wrote:

Did you play GTA V?
No, GTA IV was the last one I could stomach. I grew tired of their humour a long time ago and their refusal to keep up to date with the controls. Even in IV the controls were a few years behind the industry standard.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:06 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:14 pm
Pew-Pew wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 am
DjchunKfunK wrote:

Did you play GTA V?
No, GTA IV was the last one I could stomach. I grew tired of their humour a long time ago and their refusal to keep up to date with the controls. Even in IV the controls were a few years behind the industry standard.
I dunno mate, I didn't like GTA IV but I really liked V. You also didn't like San Andreas? I preferred that to Vice City.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:09 pm

I really liked Vice City when it came out, but feel like it aged quite a lot quite quickly, think it would be a tough ask to play these days. That soundtrack though.

SA was pretty good, although again you had a lot of character micro-management (going to the gym, dates etc) that V either did away with entirely or made completely optional.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:07 pm

I loved RDR, griped me in a way that other Rockstar games never did. I liked the more leisurely pace of it without getting constant phone calls or police chases every 2 minutes. Looking forward to this but won't be getting it for a while after its released. Also won't be touching the MP part, fuck that shite.