Star Wars: Outlaws

Steam, Deals & More.
Drarok

Re: Star Wars: Outlaws

Post by Drarok » Thu Aug 01, 2024 3:30 pm

I dunno how they decide which ones are available, but they already have some:
PC Game Pass subscribers can currently access the following titles through Game Pass:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Assassin's Creed Origins
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Far Cry 5
Far Cry 6
For Honor (Marching Fire Expansion)
Ghost Recon: Wildlands
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Rainbow Six Siege
Watch Dogs 2
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:55 pm

Drarok wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2024 3:30 pm
I dunno how they decide which ones are available, but they already have some:
PC Game Pass subscribers can currently access the following titles through Game Pass:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Assassin's Creed Origins
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Far Cry 5
Far Cry 6
For Honor (Marching Fire Expansion)
Ghost Recon: Wildlands
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Rainbow Six Siege
Watch Dogs 2
Oh, ok, I stand corrected. They do look like older titles though, so it may take a while :lol:

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:04 pm

I'm still unsure about whether the game will be any good or not, but this is worth watching solely for Andy Farrant's repeated facepalming at Mike's incompetent gameplay :lol:

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:18 am

The interaction was more interesting than the gameplay. Is there a deliberate reluctance to show the open worldness of it? The one thing Ubi does well is vast open areas full of varying quality of shit to do.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Aug 06, 2024 1:10 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:18 am
The interaction was more interesting than the gameplay.
It all looks so pedestrian. Not necessarily bad, just by the numbers. It's like they had a checklist of all the things you'd expect from an open world Star Wars scoundrel game - cantinas with unsavoury clientelle giving you jobs, enemy outposts that you can attack or sneak around, space fights, etc - and then didn't bother to add anything unexpected. I've not seen anything remotely surprising from any of the in-game footage so far. My socks have not been so much as wafted, let alone blown off my feet.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Aug 06, 2024 4:15 pm

They've announced the first lot of DLC too, though it's a "season pass" (has that term lost all meaning now?). Lando Calrissian! Hondo Ohnaka (who I assume many won't recognise, but he's quite popular)! Just think of all these new adventures that you won't get to play because it's a product roadmap for a product that seems to have barely any interest and support will inevitably end early!

I did find it funny that one of the DLC outfits they've announced is Han's trademark white shirt and black waistcoat, meaning Kay will now be the third scoundrel character to wear it after Lando bizarrely started wearing it when he and Chewie went off to rescue Han.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Aug 06, 2024 4:16 pm

Starting to think I'll end up just waiting for a Game Pass release, however many years it takes to reach it.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Aug 26, 2024 1:15 pm

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:43 pm

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:11 am

I think what's taken it from 'mild interest' to 'yeah, nah' for me is the forced stealth with automatic failure states necessitating a mission restart, which unless I've missed it wasn't revealed in any of the preview coverage. Probably because it's shit. And it seems to be exacerbated by incredibly basic stealth mechanics that apparently never get more complex throughout the game.

And apparently those sections form a significant part of the game.

Bleh.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:25 pm

I've had chance to read the EG review now, and it took this as a curiosity to play when it inevitably arrives on Gamepass to wanting to actively avoid it. It just sounds like everything I hate about open-world games, with only surface-level attention to the setting that could otherwise have won me over. I can't say I've ever been that interested in the Scum and Villainy stuff in Star Wars, but using it as nothing but an excuse for a bunch of cameos rather than building the lore yourself just sounds dull as ditch water.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:29 pm

Feels like one of those games that's just going to evaporate from people's minds pretty quickly. Might give it a go if it appears in Game Pass. Too much other stuff that's much better on the horizon.