Fantasy Football tournament 18/19 - now live!

Running around and stuff.
Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Re: Fantasy Football tournament 18/19 - now live!

Post by Medicine Man » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:16 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:12 am
Gah! Even though I know I corrected Mrs Boots' lineup this time so it was eligible, the system in its wisdom seems to have added a 12th player into her lineup again and given her a 0 points week. I'm questioning whether it was even my fault the first time round, or whether her 'all-Watford' selection process is simply too innovative and causing it to glitch.

Meaning Animal earns his first victory of the season.

Interesting results elsewhere, meanwhile, mean that Mrs MM and Wrathbone are defeated for the first time, putting them, myself and MM all level on 2 wins from 3.

The all Watford technique is just too ahead of its time. :lol:

Thanks for the weekly updates too Sly, it's been dead handy in keeping up to date with things.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:01 pm

Medicine Man wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:16 pm
Sly Boots wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:12 am
Gah! Even though I know I corrected Mrs Boots' lineup this time so it was eligible, the system in its wisdom seems to have added a 12th player into her lineup again and given her a 0 points week. I'm questioning whether it was even my fault the first time round, or whether her 'all-Watford' selection process is simply too innovative and causing it to glitch.

Meaning Animal earns his first victory of the season.

Interesting results elsewhere, meanwhile, mean that Mrs MM and Wrathbone are defeated for the first time, putting them, myself and MM all level on 2 wins from 3.

The all Watford technique is just too ahead of its time. :lol:

Thanks for the weekly updates too Sly, it's been dead handy in keeping up to date with things.
No worries my good man, glad it's useful :)

Our next round of matches sees:

Animal looking to follow his first win of the season with another good result against my Raiders.

It's already looking like a fiercely fought tie with Mrs Boots taking on Wrathbone's Wrasslers... my wife's side having achieved the impressive feat of fielding ineligible teams in consecutive weeks will be looking to get some points on the board at last (even if it means sacking all her subs so there's only 11 players for the system to choose from :lol:)

And finally it might be a case of trouble in paradise with a battle of the spouses. Can MM build on his second win of the season? Can Mrs MM bounce straight back from her first loss of the season?

Find out here! :o

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:09 am

Hey man, I'm just going to let this breeze take me where it will, man. It's like, winds blowing through the cosmos man, like far out.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:56 am

Interesting weekend.

Despite scoring the second-highest points of the round, I happened to be playing Animal, who scored the highest, so he wins his second game in a row 185v159

Mrs Boots was finally able to field a legal team and so actually scored some points, however it wasn't enough to beat Wrathbone who triumphed 138v130

In the battle of the MMs, it was Mrs MM who overcame her husband, securing a victory 156v142.

In terms of the table:

Wrathbone and Mrs MM are tied at the top with 3 wins from 4 games.

Myself, MM and Animal are hovering uncertainly in midtable with 2 wins and 2 defeats each.

And Mrs Boots is left gamely playing catch-up and waiting for her all-Watford selection to burst into life. Zero points.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:39 am

Balls! :(

This weekend was almost unbearable in the Medicine Man household with the missus dropping almost minutely updates on how shite I'm doing.

I think I might be for the sack if things don't improve. I'm at most one loss away from the dreaded vote of confidence from the board.

Congrats to all the winners this week. And to Mrs Boots too for finally getting things together after...lets say, a stuttering start. Title charge!

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:50 am

Medicine Man wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:39 am
Balls! :(

This weekend was almost unbearable in the Medicine Man household with the missus dropping almost minutely updates on how shite I'm doing.
:lol:

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:59 am

I had to remind her that there is such a thing as a bad winner. Not that I would know right enough. :(

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:07 pm

It could have been worse... you could have got your son to enter that team after all :o

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:45 am

Well, now that interminable international football is out of the way - for a few weeks at least :( - we can focus on the welcome return of proper footy.

This week there's sure to be tears before bedtime in our house, as I face the combined wrath of Mrs Boots' Watford All-Stars.

But perhaps the match-up of the week is the top of the table clash between Mrs MM and Wrathbone, the outcome of which may have major ramifications for the rest of the season.

And finally MM, still reeling no doubt from his catastrophic defeat (at least at a domestic happiness level) is taking on Animal's indomitable defence. Who needs goals anyway, eh? :)

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:42 pm

Too fucking right mate!

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:00 pm

I'm ready!

Confidence is at rock bottom after the missus' abhorrent underhanded psychological warfare in the last round, but the only way is up I suppose. Be gentle, I'm fragile.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:44 am

Well.

Well well well.

There's only really one major story this week, and it's for that reason this post is unofficially entitled 'Woe unto the house of Medicine' :lol:

I don't really like to use words like 'obliterate' or 'eviscerate', but there's no other way to describe what Animal did to MM this week. Over a hundred points difference between the two teams, Animal clocking up the biggest score so far by a clear 35 points... it was a blood bath, really. Animal is on a 3-game win streak now (and incidentally has accrued the highest total points in the league) and gunning for Wrathbone, who also won, beating Mrs MM to remain top of the table with 4 wins out of 5.

I was run very close by the Watford All-stars, it took a strong performance from Danny Ings last night to allow me to squeak past the spousal wrath.

But at the end of that round we have Wrathbone in the lead, followed by myself, Animal and Mrs MM with 3 wins, 2 defeats each. MM is losing ground after another defeat leaving him with a 2/3 record, while Mrs Boots is still plugging away gamely in last place.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:01 am

Another top update Sly, thanks.

Blood bath is putting it mildly. It was remorseless evisceration, pure and simple. And what with Mrs MM taking a bit of a beating this week as well I have officially declared a week of mourning in the MM household.

Dark times.

I'm now looking worriedly over my shoulder at Ma Boots at her Watford all-stars in fear now rather than pity.

Oh and congrats to this weeks winners. I'm off in the huff.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:41 am

:lol:

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Is there a smug grin emoji?