Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Saviors Of Uldum

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Saviors Of Uldum

Post by Medicine Man » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:53 am

I cant be the only one that still has this hooked into my veins and since the new expansion is just out why not a thread.

For what its worth I have been enjoying the new expansion a lot more than the previous couple and the new puzzle labs single player mode is pretty fun too.

I can't help feel however that my continued participation in the game is more down to habit and routine than actual desire to play.

Mantis
Landlord

Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Boomsday Project

Post by Mantis » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:19 pm

I abandoned this game when I stupidly spent £40 on the Grand Tournament pre-order, got absolutely bugger all out of any of my packs and then kept getting destroyed in ranked by people playing meta builds with cards that I didn't own.

I haven't spent a penny on 'microtransactions' since that day either.

Come back to us, Kenny. Escape from the evil psychological trap this game has caught you in!

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:33 am

I played a lot but I find it flat and a bit dull, that combined with the pricing just put me out. If their add on campaigns were around a fiver I’d have bought every one but current prices are for dafties for what you get out of it.

I’m hoping Artifact can scratch my CCG itch because it is a genre I do really enjoy but the only kind of close thing I pick up and play right now is Star Realms.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:00 am

For what its worth I haven't spent a penny on Hearthstone in all the years I've played it. The wife on the other hand has spent a fortune and in all honesty I don't really think she's that far ahead of me in terms of card collection. Certainly not far enough to justify what she's spent.

I have more or less been playing since the beta and I feel it lends itself a little too well to my love of routine and repetition. So it may very well be that I am maybe more predisposed to persevere and diligently save the gold and dust required to remain competitive.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:21 pm

I played loads for a couple of years (never spending a penny) then stopped playing about a week after the Old Gods cards were dropped from standard. I loved my various C'thun decks, even when they became highly noncompetitive, and I didn't enjoy any of the other decks I tried as an alternative. I miss it at times, but not enough to dive back in again.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:13 pm

I still see a couple of C'Thun decks in wild every now and again and I know the wife has one that she uses quite a lot.

They're fun decks to play even if they're not going to get you super high up the ladder.. Isn't that what it's meant to all be about at the end of the day? :)

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:52 pm

I stupidly dumped £45 into the Boomsday expansion. I've been very up and down on the game for a while now. I think too much emphasis has been placed on legendary cards and class specific ones at that. Back in the first few years there were a lot more neutral legendaries that were good and so you didn't feel bad about crafting them as they could be used in lots of decks. Now all the best legendaries are class specific and so are a lot less useful.

I've actually started playing Magic the Gathering Arena and found that to be quite a bit of fun. They are also massively more generous with what they give you than Blizzard are. I might try Artifact, but from what I have heard you are going to have to shell out money for packs, on top of the $20 buy-in, if you want the good cards.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:02 pm

For the first time new classic cards are being added to the original set next month along with the addition of more lower levels in the ladder level 50-26 amongst other things...

https://playhearthstone.com/en-gb/blog/22483774

Alm

Post by Alm » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:57 pm

I play Hearthstone. I wouldn't say it has me hooked but I keep returning every now and then. I mainly try to get the five wins to earn the next card back and then just play from time to time.

I got burned on CSGO with skins, so that has stopped me paying past the game's price on any other game.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:36 am

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Rastakhan’s Rumble

Post by Medicine Man » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:09 pm

New expansion Rastakhan’s Rumble announced at Blizzcon...

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/22629915

Out December 4th

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:36 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

At least they are changing things up a bit and allowing you to buy a smaller set of packs so you don't have to spend £45.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:37 pm

That's true. There was a £70 bundle with the last expansion iirc and that's just mental! So smaller cost options are definitely appreciated.

Can't say I'm either up or down about this new expansion tbh other than now that they've settled in with 3 expansions a year I'm really starting to notice them coming thick and fast*

I'm barely getting settled with the new cards when more come along. It's a little too fast for my liking. Gotta keep milking while the goings good I suppose.

* - Please refer to avatar. :)

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:47 pm

6 free Boomsday pack sto everyone who logs in between November 7th and 12th as part of the 100 million players celebration...

https://playhearthstone.com/en-gb/blog/22636890

There's also a high gold quest that's repeatable for up to 500g

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Re: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Saviors Of Uldum

Post by Medicine Man » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:21 pm