Top Gear

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Re: Top Gear

Post by DjchunKfunK » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:27 pm

Some of the best stuff Top Gear has ever done has been the challenges when they have a budget and have to go out and buy a car and either turn it into something, like the police cars or ambulances or just do a series of challenges. None of that has really happened in TGT, instead they just pick some lovely new car they like and then have a series of boring challenges whilst they drive around a country.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:12 pm

I agree, although I just liked the straight "Buy an X for 5 grand and just try to do stuff (that will probably kill it)" challenges. The ambulance one was fucking funny though.

Thing is, the scriptwriter for both TG of old and now TGT is a really likeable and funny fella. He runs the Sniff Petrol website which has provided me with car-based giggles for a long while now, and also does a great Youtube channel with Jonny Smith called Sniff and Smith.

All they do is chat while in cars. About all sorts of random shit that is generally very enjoyable. And about cars of course.

Try it for size:

Now honestly, what's the fucking point of TGT, and I can't think that Mr Sniff Petrol needs more input on what they actually fucking do as for me I can watch those two for hours.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:23 pm

The Sniff Petrol guy wrote for TG and TGT? I did not know that. I would've thought they'd have been funnier, as the guy is quite witty.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:28 pm

Wrote, and indeed writes.

He has written a very good book about the TG experience too, well worth a read.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=