Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Dragon Age 4

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:00 pm

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: Dragon Age 4

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:21 pm

I enjoyed DAI more than most others I know, including many here (like DJ), but have had zero inclination ever to return to it. After the last couple of games I'm not sure this is a must-buy for me... not at release, anyway.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:28 pm

DA 2 better than DA:I :D

I've kinda lost most of my belief that Bioware can make a good game.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:58 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:28 pm
DA 2 better than DA:I :D

I've kinda lost most of my belief that Bioware can make a good game.
For all its faults, and it has plenty, I have at least replayed DA2 multiple times. It does at least move at a pretty brisk pace.

But while I enjoyed DAI's open world at the time, the thought of having to explore it all again has killed off any desire to replay it. I think the fact Witcher 3 came out shortly after and blew it away in every respect played a part as well. It also has the blandest, unlikable selection of party characters of probably any RPG ever. Iron Bull was good for a few laughs I guess, particularly if you went down the romance route with him.

If they'd been released the other way round I'm not certain I'd have even finished DAI, so much higher did W3 raise the bar.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:22 pm

I'm a huge sucker for Dragon Age, and loved DA:I for all its flaws. I've replayed it a couple of times - the key to enjoying it, I'd say, is to ignore most of the open world stuff unless you've any great desire to do it. Some of it can be fun, but it's mostly just a time-sink. The story and characters are what I love about it, though I'm heavily invested in the lore so I'm inevitably biased towards it.

I'm excited as to what comes next. After the revelations in the Trespasser DLC, it could go absolutely any direction.