Fallout 76

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Maturin

Re: Fallout 76

Post by Maturin » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:08 pm

Why does everything have to be so tribal, DJ? I mean who cares if he leans a bit to the left or the right? What's it got to do with the content of his videos?

This seems to seep into everything these days & I just find it all so tiresome.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:16 pm
It's pretty obviously a parody mate, done for comical effect. Have read around a bit about him and he's said as much, while his detractors regularly call him out for being a SJW.
I mean he's going to say that though right? It's not far off Nazi blackshirt stuff so even if it's a parody it's a poorly judged one.
Maturin wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:08 pm
Why does everything have to be so tribal, DJ? I mean who cares if he leans a bit to the left or the right? What's it got to do with the content of his videos?

This seems to seep into everything these days & I just find it all so tiresome.
Perhaps I should have clarified, it's not that it's him being right wing I have an issue with its the views he has held and espoused in the past. He might have changed but I have very little time for people like him and on top of that I think his delivery is meant to piss people off and I can't be doing with people who do that. We have enough discourse going around without people deliberately trying to stoke and add to it.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:51 pm

The Nazi parody graphics that he has stylised his channel around seems like a pretty blatant parody to me, considering that he self styles as the 'Jimquisition' I think it's pretty clear that he's poking fun at himself for essentially being a one man angry internet mob. His combative tone at times is just part of that package and generally the more you can rile people up the more successful you'll be on platforms like Youtube.

I've no idea about anything he may have said in the past. But he rallies pretty hard against corporate bullshit and exploitation in all the videos I've ever seen of him and I have always found myself agreeing with him and generally quite like how he presents himself; I like the balance of well constructed arguments mixed in with the stupid humour that he tends to use.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:21 pm

If the guy was standing in front of a podium before thousands of cheering people shouting "Thank god for me!", then perhaps the fascist stylings might be considered a problem. But he's not, he's standing in front of a podium covered in Boglins and Pogs before a camera shouting "Thank god for me!" just after saying, in one recent video, how brilliant he is at sucking cock. I don't think he's really going for the real dictatorial look.

sohei

Post by sohei » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:20 am

I think the world is in a pretty benign place when we're classifying Jim Sterling of all people as a fascist.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:15 pm

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Lee

Post by Lee » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:54 am

:lol:
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Lee

Post by Lee » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:41 pm

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:17 pm

It's like they're trying to destroy themselves.

Lee

Post by Lee » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:49 am

Has to the last fuck up they make surrounding the game now.

I did find out that you can get proper plastic bottles of nuka cola that work like a bottle on a site called etsy.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/6337121 ... ome_feat_4

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:54 am

It doesn't sto- oh right, yer man says that in the video.

But it doesn't.

Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:50 am

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/twitter-reac ... bag-jokes/

:lol:

The gift that keeps on giving!

Beyond the amusing jokes about the inevitable quality issues, do they seriously think anyone is going to buy these? Were they so committed to production that it couldn't be halted when the game was released to get shat on from all directions?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:46 am

If someone had told me to imagine a Vault-tec style leather jacket, it wouldn't have been anywhere near as ghastly as that. :lol:

I guess we know what the Fallout 76 team will be getting next Christmas instead of a bonus.

Lee

Post by Lee » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:14 pm

It really doesn't look like leather at a glance but something plastic (like the blue tarp in one of the replies). You'd think by now they would get the message their only making the jokes keep coming with these PR disasters.

I also liked how they were telling those banned for getting into the secrect vault to reveal how they did it so they "may" be unbanned to play again. And also creating a grey market of selling the goods :lol:

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:24 pm

I don't understand how they can get leather to be that colour.